One of my favorite caipirinha recipes has to be the caipirinha marino. The reason I enjoy it so much is not only because of it’s flavor but mostly because of its looks. I am just a huge fan of light blue color and when I see this caipirinha it just takes me way back to the time when I was a kid spending ma vacation on the white sand and blue water beaches of Arraial do Cabo. I haven’t been there in more than a decade, but it’s a beautiful place, by the way, if you are planning to visit Brazil.
Well, nostalgia aside, it’s time to gather up our caipi tools and get down to mixin’. Ladies and gentlemen, Caipirinha Marino!
- 50 ml Cachaça or Vodka
- 1 thick slice Pineapple (cut in cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 thin slice Ginger (with skin)
- 5 leaves Peppermint
- 1 bunch Peppermint
- 30 ml Orange Syprup (Blue)
- Gently muddle the pineapple cubes, ginger slice, peppermint leaves and sugar in a glass.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour in the cachaça or vodka.
- Now pour in the orange syrup and finish it off by decorating the glass with a branch of peppermint. Enjoy!